Sunday, April 22, 2007

 

Mowing


It is appropriate that I again return to the topic of mowing. One never finishes that task short of living in an apartment surrounded by concrete. Not for me. As much as I might protest, as hot as I'll get later in the year, it's still a satisfying task.

Today, I listened to Dr. Phil Plait, the fellow behind the Bad Astronomy web site, discuss science education, evolution, and the value of public investments in space science on the Point of Inquiry podcast. I listened to the Naked Scientist podcast where they made "electric slime," and on the Nature podcast about whales (as the mammal record holder for longest migration), stem cells for targeted cancer drugs, DNA repair, viscous deformation of mid-crustal material, and others. In other words, while tooling around in the sunshine, I fulfilled the behavior many have come to expect of me.

Speaking of which, I wore a programmable, scrolling LCD name tag to the KGS annual meeting (just so "me", you know).

Anyway, now it's time for a quiet Sunday afternoon.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Brother mine, you should do as I do--hire it out.

Actually though I do hire mine out (I have a fairly small yard) I also miss mowing. There's something so very satisfying about the smell and deep moistness of freshly cut grass. Though I'm amazed I'm not scarred forever by Dad forcing us to mow all through high school. Unfortunately it's one chore I simply don't have time for. Well I'm also a lousy housekeeper, but for that the city doesn't come and slap me with weed ordinance violations.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?