Saturday, July 09, 2005

 

Hello all

I've created a blog for the purpose of keeping track of doings at Bald Knob and family discussions. Hopefully, I'll implement an Atom or RSS feed so that it is easy to notify anyone who wants to pay attention of postings. More later.

It is hot, humid, no clouds in the sky. Typical dog days weather has come to central Kentucky early this year. It is so dry, I haven't mowed the lawn in a month and the estivating grass vividly shows the top of the septic tank as a crispy tan patch. (The soil is thin there and doesn't hold much water.) I've written off the raspberries, but we may get a few blackberries. They'll mostly be seeds and I expect they won't be very sweet. The chilis and tomatoes are coming along; nothing is ripe yet.

I've been fishing a few times. Benson Creek is low, but not as low as I've seen it in the past.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?